Creative Excellence in Graphic Design & Marketing Intelligence
DesignAShirt.com is pleased to offer the Creative Excellence in Graphic Design & Marketing Intelligence Scholarship, a $1,000 scholastic award granted annually to the most qualified and deserving U.S. undergraduate or graduate meeting the following criteria:
DesignAShirt.com Scholarship Requirements
- Enrollment Status – Full or Part-Time with a minimum of six credits or hours.
- A current undergraduate or graduate majoring in Graphic Arts & Design or a related field
- Currently enrolled with an accredited U.S. university, college or institution of higher learning
- Recorded minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Applicants will be judged based on the completion and submission of a personal design promoting themselves as they are now in their career as a student, or how they see themselves in their future career as a professional artist.
- Additionally, applicants must write a 1000 word essay on what design or branding means to them.
- The design should showcase the applicant’s design skills and abilities. The essay should reflect their passion for design and highlight academic achievements, experience and future goals relating to graphic design and art.
Applicants May not:
Be children or grandchildren of employees, officers or owners of DesignAShirt.com LLC., Company divisions or subsidiaries.
Nov. 30, annually Dec. 15th
Dec. 15 annually Dec. 28th
(Should the 15th fall on a Saturday or Sunday, the award will be announced the following regular business day.)
How to apply:
By mail: Applicant should mail their personal marketing package in addition to an official transcript to:
905 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Tempe, AZ 85281
Online + mail: If you need to provide a link to an online portfolio, please mail an official transcript and include the URL within your documents to the above address.
- Applicant should use his or her full name as recognized by their educational institution and a valid (.edu) email address in their marketing package.
- Any resources should be carefully noted and cited appropriately.
- Any plagiarism or fabrication will disqualify the applicant from award disbursement.
- Check this page to stay updated on scholarship award and instructions.
I’m a freelance artist, studying illustration, painting and drawing at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design. Not counting awards I won as a kid growing up in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, I’ve had a chance to design and create murals for a museum staff lounge, a university office, a Bed and Breakfast in Guatemala and a boutique hotel in Turkey. My unquenchable thirst for travel has led me to roam through the ancient sites of 20 countries. Despite my globetrotting ways, I tend to find creative inspiration in the intricate patterns of the world and mythology.